Life & Love with The Booths

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phillipians 4:6-7

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

More baby stuff...... :)

Professional pictures from Joni Streit










My birthday cake from my darling husband





The cake spread at my shower at Courtny's house






Julie, me, Gina, Courtny and Debbie-all the girls (except me)who worked so hard on throwing such a fun and delicious shower for me and our sweet baby.

Here is a much needed update from the Booth household. I don't know why I can't seem to keep this thing updated. And I don't have any great excuses for it. Sorry blogging world, I'm a slacker.
So since we've last convened, we've had maternity pictures taken, two more baby showers (we have been so showered with love, I don't know if we'll ever recover from being so loved!!) and a birthday!
My fabulous friends out did themselves on throwing me an amazing baby shower on my birthday. It was sooo much fun and so many of my dearest friends were able to come on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. I always feel like that is a gift in itself, when people give their time to come to a shower. Time is precious and its always overwhelming to me when people willingly give up time on the their day off to come to things like this.
So anyway, I don't have many pictures of it, (they are on my mom's camera)but it was so fun and we got so many amazing presents for the baby. Dean even made an appearance and enjoyed some food and watched some present-opening. (i love him-he's so darn cute)
After the shower, mom and I went shopping, sorta. After one lap around Hobby Lobby, we were both so tired that we came home and took naps. (i know, pathetic-but it had to be done). Then my darling mother took us to Bravo's for dinner! yumm-o!!!
Then last weekend, my extended family came up to our house and celebrated baby booth too! We had fun and the weather held out for us, since most of the festivities were outside. It was so good to see everyone. My cousin's baby Elijah was there and just as cute as he could be! And my cousin's wife Stephanie was there with her two girls and one on the way. It's always fun to commiserate with a a fellow preggo. :)
Anyway, they all showered us with amazing gifts as well. Thank you family peeps!!
So now, I am 2 weeks away from my "official due date" and 1 week away from "my" due date. And I think I am heading into the "miserable" stage. When I tell you my feet and ankles are the size of my thighs-I'm not exagerrating. It looks and feels ridiculous. I am definitely ready to meet this little baby boy! sooner, rather than later please!
I have an o.b. appt. tomorrow-so if anyone is reading this prior to 11:00 a.m on Monday, please prayer for progression! I know it might seem ackward at first to pray for someones' cervical dilation, but please please, do!! I will be eternally grateful!!!
So, that's all for now. Have a great week everyone!!
And Happy Fathers Day to the best Daddy to be that I've ever known! I love you Dean!






4 comments:

  1. Sounds like your ready!! I will def. say a prayer for you. I am 25 weeks, and I think i am at that miserable stage. LOL. We set the crib up tonight just to get things ready :) Let us know how your appt. goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had so much fun!You are truly loved and blessed. Thanks for inviting us out.

    Hope your appt went well yesterday. I sent a little prayer up for you :) And I love the pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH......... you're back in the blog world- we missed you!!!! now keep it up- we need more pics please...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh you are soo close now! You look great, Kristy! My thoughts and prayers are with you and Dean as you step into this wonderful world of parenthood!:)

    Stay in the A/C!!!

    Love,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete