Life & Love with The Booths

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phillipians 4:6-7

Saturday, February 18, 2012

An amazing blessing........#2

Well, so much as happened since I last blogged that I could never fully fill in the gaps. So rather than get hung up on all the stuff I've missed, I thought I'd just start off with the most recent AMAZING thing that has happened to our family.....We are expecting a baby on July 4th!! Yes, I know, that's Corbin's bday , apparently that's the only time Booth Babies appear!:) We are over the moon and so grateful. This is a much prayed for and wanted baby, this I know.
Here's how the whole thing went down.
I found out on Friday, Oct 28. I woke up from my prework nap that afternoon after having a dream that I had taken 2 pregnancy tests that were positive within seconds. I thought this was awesome, but ya know that point when you first wake up and you can't remember what is a dream vs. reality. Well, that's where I was....wishing it was true but knowing it was a dream. So I layed there thinking about how I really shouldn't take a test because it will "just be negative like all of them for the past 10 months". Pregnancy tests had become "the enemy". Every month they seemed to dash my hopes and dreams no matter how digital, cheap or expensive they were. I had spent tons of $ on them and I strongly disliked them (for lack of the "h" word :) And a negative one had a great way of ruining a perfectly good day and I had no intentions of doing that before working 2 nights in a row. But "something" was gently nudging me to get up and just do it. SO I did.....Pregnancy test #159, or so it seemed. :( So I usually take them and then stare at the test the entire 2 minutes willing it to turn positive. This time i took it, laid it down, stood up and WALLAH! It was POSITIVE!!

I could not believe! I was truly in shock. I hadn't had any of my "so called pregnancy symptoms" which every month before I was having. I had an appt. on Monday (in 3 days) with my ob/gyn to see why I wasn't getting pregnant. I mean I was so so ecstatic! God's timing is so perfect!! So amazing. He likes to show off and I like it!

So I layed in bed for the next hour reeling about all of this, anxiously waiting for Dean to get home and just being plain giddy.
So Dean gets home, I can't wait 2 seconds before springing the news on him! :) He smiled that sweet smile I had only seen one other time, when I told him we were pregnant with "The Corb" and just hugged me so tight. I love that man.
So long story short, I went to work with a fabulous secret and gladly canceled my appt for Monday. They wanted me to come in anyway just for some labs to check my hormone levels so I went and didn't' love the results. The beta level was 300 and my progesterone level was 14, the dr. wasn't overly pleased and said to come back Wednesday to see if the levels were doubling. I got a phone call Thursday that sorta rocked my world.....the nurse practitioner called and said that my beta level was less than 1 and "how was I feeling". I said i was feeling fine and had not started any sort of bleeding yet. She said, well honey you will any time and I 'm so sorry. SO of course, I hang up and burst into tears. I text my handful of close friends who knew what was going on and gave them the bad news and then call my mom crying my face off. She says, "Kristy I don't believe it." I said, "Uh, mom its a blood test, a medical fact, there is nothing to "not believe". She continued to state that she didn't believe it and she wanted me to get get up and take another test. Well, as previously stated, I'm not a big fan of the pregnancy test, but just to quiet her down and "make her believe" I went and did. Miracle of miracles, it was still positive. Now, since I know way too much about preg. tests, I know that a beta level of less than 1 will not turn a hpt positive. I also knew that it was 4 pm and my urine should be less concentrated by that time of the day so a positive test was really confusing me. Well, it didn't confuse my mom, she just said, "I told you so, now will you quit worrying? God's in control. " Oh the faith of my mama. I heart her.
So I called Dean, told him our official news(the lab result) and the unofficial news (my hpt) went off to work. The next morning at work I ran into my ob and explained what was going on, she sent me for a repeat test in our hospital lab. SO I went and took that and came home and went to sleep. I woke up to 5 voicemails from my ob's office saying to PLEASE call them back. Finally the last voicemail told me that the lab had "messed up" and that my levels on Wednesday were actually 780 and that today it was 1560, so they were more than doubling and I was indeed PREGNANT!!!! I jumped up out of that bed and was screaming and literally jumping up and down! I will never forget that feeling! Called Dean and my mom and praised God! So that brings us up to now......20 weeks along with our second miracle and things have been going great!

No comments:

Post a Comment