We arrived to our labor and delivery suite only to find that my precious coworkers had decked it out in our baby girls honor. I was crying before I even opened the door because this was hanging on the outside of our door.
And then this is what we saw when we opened the door. :)
Last preggo pic :)
So, after I recover from all of that. We get down to business and my iv goes in, my assessment is done and all my coworkers take turns coming in to wish us well and good luck and give us big hugs. The whole morning went so well. I started to get nervous when I knew my nurse/friend Sarah was doing the finishing touches on her
pre-op checklist and I started to tear up again. I remember her saying that its all going to be ok and that I would be meeting my daughter soon and its ok to be nervous. She left so Dean and I could say goodbye. I remember hugging him so tight and thinking how different things would be the next time I saw him. I would be in the middle of surgery, minutes from seeing this baby that we had made together. It was all just so surreal. I somehow composed myself and walked with Sarah to the O.R. It's so bizarre to be the patient when you are so used to just doing your job as a nurse in that very same room. So I took my place on the table and Marty, our CRNA gave me some medication and eventually my spinal. I can't say enough about how awesome he was before, during and after the surgery. When I had Corbin, I was so nauseated throughout the surgery and was terrified that this would be a repeat performance. But Marty kept my nausea under control and kept me comfortable. I will be forever grateful for that!
And then, the best thing happened.......
My dear friend Tracy(middle) came into the OR to be the "photographer" and as you can see, did an amazing job. I am so grateful that she showed up on her day off to capture Averie's birthday. Becky, another buddy from night shift showed up even though she's off work from surgery to be a part of the special day. And then Heather agreed to come in on her day off to be the special care nurse in the OR.(she's having a baby in September! We are all so excited for a baby BOY Green) I am so blessed to have such amazing friends that I get to work with every weekend.
Two of my dearest friends in the world showed up to meet Miss Averie, bring me donuts (: and take pictures of in the room. Jenny and Aubrey-thank you both for everything you have done for our little family! love ya TONS!
and big brother finally gets to meet his baby sister!
and so do mamaw and papaw
oh how i love my two babies.....................


















No comments:
Post a Comment